Friday, October 10, 2008

Angelina Jolie: I'm Very Happy, Lucky


Angelina Jolie is exploring more of her feelings on motherhood in a new article with Parade magazine.

"I'm just a mom and I'm very grounded by my family. I'm very happy, and I'm so lucky," she tells Parade.

In the upcoming film, 'Changeling,' the mom of six young children plays a woman whose son is kidnapped. When the police return "her son" to her, she realizes that the boy isn't her child at all.

"It if wasn't real, everybody would just say it's too far fetched to be true," Angelina says on the shocking plot twist, "But this is about an actual women who fought the system and found justice in the end, even at the risk of her own life."

Angelina says that her role as mom to Maddox, 7, Pax, 4, Zahara, 3, Shiloh, 2, and twins Vivienne and Knox, almost 3 months, helped her prepare for the role: "As a mother, it was harder for me imagining that someone was abusing my child while they were wondering why mommy wasn't coming to save them. As a mother, that's just the worst possible scenario. So this film was very, very painful."

Angelina even talks about her relationships with Parade, saying she is still "good friends" with ex-husbands Jonny Lee Miller and Billy Bob Thornton, and honestly helps her in her relationship with partner Brad Pitt: "I don't want to spend my life pretending to be somebody else, and I don't want the person next to me to have to pretend ever, because we have a long life ahead of us."

No comments: