Tuesday, October 13, 2009

first things first

My brother brought a copy of signs the times magazine. At the back I read a beautiful story between two dogs having a conversation which illustrates the source of true happiness. This was written by Neal Becker.
There's a fable about a puppy that was vigorously chasing its tail one day. An old dog saw him and asked, Why are you chasing your tail? The puppy answered, I have learned that the best thing a dog can have is happiness, and I have discovered that happiness is in my tail. Therefore, I am chasing my tail, and when I catch it, I shall have happiness. The old dog said, My son, I too have paid attention to the problems of the dog universe and have formed some opinions. I too have learned that happiness is a fine thing for a dog to have and that happiness is in my tail. But I also noticed that when I chase my tail, it keeps running away from me, but when I stop chasing it and go about my business, it comes after me.
It's the same way in our human life. When we chase after happiness, it runs away from us, but when we go about our business, happiness will come along after us.

No comments: