Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Whoopi Goldberg


Whoopi Goldberg is spending her summer vacation on Broadway with the cast of Xanadu. As she mentioned earlier on "The View," she's singing in the role of Caliope, one of the Greek muses who tries to thwart the love affair of lead character Kira.

"The kids in the cast -- they are fantastic," she tells the Associated Press. "They lead me. They know when I get lost. They come and they dance over and take me where I need to be. Every body's been really great about the fact that I'm not 100 percent solid -- but I will be by Monday or Tuesday (of next week)."

Whoopi's run in Xanadu continues for six weeks through Sept. 7 at New York's Helen Hayes Theater. I like Whoopi in her movie Sister Act. She played nun. Before entering in the convent she is a showgirl in Las Vegas. She's a music teacher where she discovered that her students has a talent in singing.

No comments: