Wednesday, April 8, 2009

'American Idol''s Top Eight Sings Songs from the Year They Were Born


One of the highest rating in television when it comes to reality show is the "American Idol'' is down to the final eight competitors, and this week the contestants performed songs from the year they were born. Danny Gokey launched the night with his own interpretation of Ben E. King's "Stand By Me." Judge Randy Jackson admitted, "When you first came out, I didn't love the arrangement. Here's the thing, I love you and you made me love it. This is a vocal show and you have talent." Kara DioGuardi agreed, adding, "I, too, was: What kind of arrangement is that? But at the end, you just killed it. You turned it on its head. You made it your own." Paula simply said, "Wow! Danny, you opened the show setting the bar so high everyone is going to have to run to catch up." Simon commented, "I thought the beginning was good; the middle was lazy and the end was terrific. Overall, great."I can't ait to see them tonight performance.

No comments: