Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday - The Passion of Christ



I got the priviledge to help my cousin Lyhra and her Father Pido to build a booth for the procession. Every year it's the filipino traditon to make a sacrifice by doing The Way of the Cross. It starts with:
  • 1st Station Jesus is Condemned to Death
  • 2nd Station Jesus Carries His Cross
  • Third Station Our Lord Falls the First Time
  • Fourth Station Jesus Meets His Mother
  • Fifth Station Simon the Cyrenean Helps Jesus Carry His Cross
  • Sixth Station Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus
  • Seventh Station The Second Fall of Jesus
  • Eight Station Jesus Consoles the Women of Jerusalem
  • Ninth Station The Third Fall of Jesus
  • Tenth Station Jesus is Stripped off His Garments
  • Eleventh Station Jesus is Nailed to the Cross
  • Twelfth Station Jesus Dies on the Cross
  • Thirteenth Station Jesus is Taken Down from the Cross
  • Fourteenth Station Jesus is Laid in the Sepulcher

Jesus gave his Seven Last Words:

The First Word: "Father, forgive them, for they don’t know what they are doing." (Luke 23:34)

The Second Word: "I assure you, today you will be with me in paradise." (Luke 23:43)

The Third Word: “Dear woman, here is your son.” (John 19:26)

The Fourth Word: “My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?” (Mark 15:34)

The Fifth Word: “I am thirsty.” (John 19:28)

The Sixth Word: “It is finished!” (John 19:30)


The Seventh Word: “Father, I entrust my spirit into your hands!” (Luke 24:46)

No comments: