Monday, August 11, 2008

Dionne Warwick: 'I've Lost One of My Best Buddies'


Major Grammy winner Dionne Warwick is saddened by the loss of her good friend, R&B singer Isaac Hayes.

"I've lost one of my best buddies and it is not easy to reckon with. I know one can never put a question mark where God puts a period, so I will not question the Almighty's decision to call him home. We all know when that call comes, we all will answer ... personally. My buddy will be missed for many reasons by me. He was 'family' ... he will be a part of my musical life each time I sing the song 'Deja Vu' as this was a birthday gift to me from him. His renditions of songs that I had recorded, especially, 'Walk On By,' in my opinion, 'the definitive version' will always be another memory each time I sing it, and the humorous side that he showed few (that I knew so well). My family and I send sincere heart-felt condolences to his family for their enormous loss, and we will hold them in continuous prayer." Oh! So sad, I regret these news, with my deepest sympathy to the family that Isaac Hayes.

No comments: