Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Jamie Lee Curtis Recommends Books vs. Movies


Jamie Lee Curtis is recommending three novels whose movies she doesn't believe measured up to the books, including 'The Prince of Tides.'

While the actress does not directly compare the written works to the films, she does offer reading suggestions on her book review page on the Barnes & Noble website. Of the novel Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy, Jamie Lee says it portrays "Such a dysfunctional family. Great to compare with your own."

She calls the book version of Michael Ondaatje's The English Patient "a stunning world of driving narrative and poetry and imagery."

Jamie Lee also gives a thumbs-up to James Clavell's King Rat, which was made into a World War II drama in 1965. "I was thirteen on the island of Sardinia with my father. I picked up this book off the shelf in the rent-a-house and it saved me. A great story. I give it often."

No comments: