Saturday, September 27, 2008

Renee Zellweger Reveals Her Breast Cancer Scare


Renee Zellweger talks about when she found two small lumps in her right breast and feared she may have had breast cancer.

"I thought, 'Oh, I know what you do now. You find out what that is.' So I went and found out," Renee said.

The actress tells Self magazine she immediately went to the doctor after a self examination in 1996 when she found the lumps.

Renee talks about how she felt when she went to see her doctor in Los Angeles: "I was like, 'Let's just have it over with. Get in there, stab away, get your little crunchy bit or whatever you're looking for, put it in the mail and we'll call it a day.'"

Thankfully, it was not cancer but fibroadenomas, or benign breast tumors. Renee calls the medical term a "fancy word for nothing."

Since her breast cancer scare Renee says, "I pay attention. I do go get my check-ups." Renee's entire interview will be in the October issue of Self magazine.

No comments: