Monday, September 29, 2008

Tina Fey Returns to 'SNL' as Sarah Palin


Tina Fey returned to "Saturday Night Live" last night to reprise her role as Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin in a skit featuring Amy Poehler as CBS news anchor Katie Couric.

In the spoof an actual interview Couric conducted with Palin earlier in the week, Poehler pressed Fey's Palin to specifically discuss how she would help spread democracy abroad.

"Katie, I'd like to use one of my lifelines... I want to phone a friend."

When a puzzled Poehler then informed her that wasn't how the interview worked, Fey recited one of Palin's most quoted lines from the actual interview: "Well, in that case, I'm just gonna have to get back to ya."

At one point, Poehler's character Couric tells Fey: "Forgive me Mrs. Palin, but it seems to me that when cornered, you become increasingly adorable. Is that fair to say? "I don't know -- is it?" Fey responds, then looks into the camera, strikes a pose and flashes a big smile.

Poehler, who recently announced she is leaving the long-running NBC comedy show after the November election, kicked off the "SNL" season premiere earlier this month with a reprisal of her Hillary Clinton portrayal in a sketch that also featured Fey as Palin.

No comments: