Friday, September 5, 2008

Beyonce: 'I'm Over Being a Pop Star'


Beyonce Knowles wants more than pop stardom -- she wants to be an icon!

The singer and actress tells UK's Marie Claire that although she's reached great heights in her career, she's got even bigger goals.

The Grammy winner had this to say:

"I'm over being a pop star. I don't wanna be a hot girl. I wanna be iconic. And I feel like I've accomplished a lot. I feel like I'm highly respected, which is more important than any award or any amount of records. And I feel like there comes a point when being a pop star is not enough."

Beyonce also talks about gaining 20 lbs. for her role playing soul singer Etta James in the upcoming film 'Cadillac Records.' After gaining the weight, Beyonce had to shed the pounds quickly for another role in the psychological thriller 'Obsessed.' She said gaining the weight was "so much fun," but losing weight made her "angry" with herself.

The talented, self-proclaimed "workaholic" is scheduled to release her next album in November – although it is still untitled, the mag says.

No comments: