Saturday, September 13, 2008

Conan O'Brien Stalker Checks Out of Treatment

Against his church's wishes, the Boston priest who stalked talk-show host Conan O'Brien has checked himself out of a treatment center.

The New York Daily News reports that Rev. David Ajemian had been at the facility since pleading guilty in the matter back in April.

The 48-year-old confessed to sending O'Brien many packages and letters, and even referring to himself as the comic's "most dangerous fan," says the paper.

Ajemian, who was ordered to stay at the facility by his church, was suspended from the priesthood for disobeying the order of Cardinal Sean O'Malley.

"Our understanding is that he plans initially to return to Massachusetts to the care of his family," the archdiocese said in a statement to the paper.

Leaving the treatment center does not violate Ajemian's legal restrictions, which only ban him from contacting O'Brien.

No comments: