Friday, September 5, 2008

Michelle Obama: Palin Family Matters Should Remain Private


ET has confirmed that Michelle Obama told Ellen DeGeneres that VP candidate Sarah Palin's family matters should remain private and not be the basis for political debate.

"This shouldn't be an issue for political discussion," she said during an interview on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," scheduled to air on Monday. Palin's family life, including her 17-year-old daughter Bristol's pregnancy and her infant son Trig's Down syndrome, has made headlines in the last week.

The wife of Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama said that she agreed with her husband that the issue of Palin's pregnant, unwed daughter should be off-limits in the presidential campaign.

"[What he said is] one of the reasons why I'm proud of my husband and I love him," she said. "He's been very protective of our kids through this process, and his view is that, 'What's good for my kids is good for everybody's kids,' and I completely agree with him. I know that [the Palins] care about their kids, and we should let them deal with this issue."

When Ellen asked if she would consider ever having more kids, the potential next first lady replied, "I think I'm done. I think our third child is this campaign."

No comments: