Friday, September 5, 2008

Sarah Palin Opens Up about Youngest Son


Sarah Palin speaks out about the day she learned her son had Down syndrome and how she kept it from her husband.

Palin tells People magazine she didn't tell her husband, Todd, of the news untill he returned from his business trip three days later.

She told him, "The good news is we have a boy. But we have a challenge."

Sarah says Todd responded excitedly, "Awesome! I'm getting another boy."

Sarah was 43 when pregnant with their fifth child Trig and admits to being nervous about raising a child with Down syndrome.

"Not knowing in my own heart if I was going to be ready to embrace a child with special needs," she reveals, "I couldn't talk about it."

Sarah says that all changed once Trig was born! Sarah's 14-year-old daughter, Willow, talks about Trig coming to the family, "I was a little shocked," she says, "but I don't care – he's my brother and I love him."

No comments: