Friday, September 19, 2008

Kim K. and Misty May Blog Before the Ballroom


With less than a week until ABC's "Dancing With The Stars" season premiere, Olympic athlete Misty May-Treanor and TV star Kim Kardashian are blogging away about their excitement!

Misty blogs on USA Today about the experience so far, calling it "challenging and humbling." Misty's dancing coach is Maksim Chmerkovskiy, who she calls "a great person."

"I am just trying to listen and take everything in (as far as instruction) without killing my self in high heels," the gold-medalist wrote. "Maks keeps on reminding me about my posture and being lighter on my feet."

Misty, who says that she and her partner began rehearsing six days after the other couples started, also reveals her first-week dances will be the Foxtrot and the Mambo.

Kim Kardashian didn't write about which dances she's chosen to shake to during week one, but she blogs about the rough times rehearsing on her MySpace page!

Here's what the brunette beauty wrote about her dancing challenges: "Of course I have my moments where I lose my balance or I lose my place, and some days are better than others. Some days I am at my limit, I am so tired that my brain cannot soak in any more, and that is usually when we stop."

Kim also discusses her toe injury:

"I had to go to the emergency room, it was bleeding so much that we couldn't see how big or bad or deep the cut was. It was really scary and all I kept thinking about was that I had just started my rehearsals! Thankfully, we were able to work around it, we cut straps off dance shoes and I took really good care of my toe and it's really healing well."

The season premiere of "DWTS" airs Monday Sept. 22.

No comments: